My Goals For 2016
The new year is fast approaching, and with it comes the excitement of a fresh start. The Best Year Ever Blueprint event I attended last weekend really got me fired up to set my goals high for 2016. There’s so many things I want to do this coming year!
One of the hardest aspects of goal setting, for me, is limiting myself to few enough things that I am truly able to focus and successfully achieve them. I also struggle with a fear that I might not be pursuing the very best options. I want to be the best that I can be and accomplish as much as possible.
When in doubt, I simply make an educated guess and pick something. An “okay” plan that you actually execute is trumps the best plan in the world that you never even start on. I tell myself that I have lots of good ideas and I just need to put myself out there and get to work. One of my mottoes for 2016 is “less talk, more action.” Accordingly, I will now cease talking about talking about my goals, and instead lay them out.
- Finish organizing NWSM (my business) so that it runs efficiently & effectively, and doesn’t need me present to continue to do so.
- Write professionally (for profit) every day.
- Publish my first two books.
- Extract myself from NWSM.
- Develop profitable niche website.
- Purchase 2nd investment property.
- Publish at least one more book.
- Complete levels 1 – 3 of Rosetta Stone French
- Start a 2nd niche website
- Travel to Eastern Europe for 3+ weeks
Intended Year End Results:
- $40K+ passive revenue (combination of real estate rental income, book revenue, NWSM business revenue, and niche site revenue)
- At least 220 students enrolled at NWSM
- A home with a bigger, better yard for Walter to play in
- Greater ability to work from home & spend more time with Walter
- Rich experiences with my family
- A mostly independent business
- More time to volunteer with charity organizations I identify with
- More money to donate to such charity organizations
- More income to invest
- Increase physical, spiritual, mental, and relational health
A few notes:
- Obviously, later in the year I have fewer goals planned. This is not because I intend to do less later in the year, but rather only because I am choosing to not over-commit myself when I know that there might be other things that come up throughout the year that I might wish to make priorities.
- This is not a complete list of everything I intend to do this year. We have a number of vacations on the calendar, and quite a few smaller plans as well. These are simply my priorities.
- In addition to these things I intend to accomplish, there are also quite a number of things (habits) I intend to keep up with to continue to progress towards better health, greater well-being, and increased success. These habits will be outlined in a future blog post.