How to Register a Domain Name
Registering Your Domain Name
Now that you’ve found an amazing domain name, you are ready to register it! Registering your domain name is how you purchase it to use it for your own website. You can register your domain name in just a few simple steps.
- Visit domains.com (or any other domain registering service, including namecheap.com or name.com).
- Search for your desired domain name.
- Click “Add to Cart” next to your desired domain name.
- Click “View Cart.”
- Select either 1 year or 2 years from the drop down menu. When you are registering a domain name, you are purchasing the rights to use it for a limited amount of time. Select the amount of time that you think you’ll most likely want to have your website for. It’s normally best to underestimate, because you can always renew (and extend) your registration later.
- Click “Create an Account.”
- Fill out the details, then click “Create Account” at the bottom of the page.
- Click “Checkout.”
You have now successfully registered your domain name—it is yours to use!